Prep1 hr 30 min
This recipe contains 5 mg of THC per cannoli. You can adjust the amount of THC powder if you desire. Do not use or consume this recipe if you’re under 21 years of age.
You haven’t lived until you’ve tried cannoli, a delicious Sicilian treat. Cannoli are basically fried pastry shells filled with a sweet cream filling. This authentic recipe is not only infused with THC (thanks to Bakao THC powder), but it also tastes like it came straight out of a Sicilian bakery!
Ingredients for the Shells
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
Ingredients for the Ricotta Filling
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta
- 6 (10 mg) packets Bakao THC powder
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (or more if you prefer a sweeter filling)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, roughly chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup pistachios, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate (optional)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Directions for the Shells
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and then add the egg, oil, sugar, red wine, and milk. Stir the ingredients in the center and gradually incorporate the flour in order to form a dough. Knead until a dough is formed.
- Separate the dough into 12 pieces.
- With a rolling pin, roll each piece of dough until it’s about 1/8″ thin. As you roll all the pieces of dough, cover all the rolled sheets with a towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Cut all the sheets into 4″-5″ circles.
- Wrap each sheet around a bamboo dowel or a stainless steel cannoli mold. Seal the edges with the beaten egg white.
- Fill a deep fryer or a deep pan with 3″-4″ of oil. Heat the oil, and then fry 3 or 4 cannoli shells at a time until golden.
- Transfer the cannoli shells to a plate lined with paper towels. Carefully separate the cannoli molds from the shells. They will be extremely hot. Set aside.
Directions for the Ricotta Fillng
- In a bowl, whisk together the ricotta, Bakao THC powder, powdered sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
- With a pastry bag or a plastic freezer bag with the tip cut off, pipe the ricotta filling into the shells.
- (Optional) Dip the ends in chocolate chips and/or pistachios.
- (Optional) Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cannoli.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve. Enjoy!