This recipe contains 2.5 mg of THC per piece. You can adjust the amount of THC powder if you desire. Do not use or consume this recipe if you’re under 21 years of age.
If you’re craving a sweet and savory treat, look no further than the Monte Cristo sandwich. It’s a deep-fried ham, turkey, and Swiss sandwich dusted in powdered sugar. Sounds weird, but so worth the effort. This Monte Cristo recipe is special because it’s infused with THC! Just grab some Bakao THC powder and then add it to the batter.
- 1 pint vegetable or canola oil, or as needed
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 (10 mg) packets Bakao THC powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices white bread
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 slices turkey
- 3 slices ham
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar for dusting
- In a deep fryer, heat 5 inches of oil to 365 degrees F. If you prefer to use a deep pan, you may use 2-3 inches of oil (if you want to save oil) and flip the sandwiches halfway through to fry all the sides.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the egg and water in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, Bakao THC powder, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk the flour mixture into the egg mixture until smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing one slice of turkey on one slice of bread, a slice of ham on another, then sandwich them with the Swiss cheese in the middle.
- Cut the three sandwiches into quarters, and secure each piece with a toothpick.
- Dip each sandwich piece into the batter so that all sides are coated.
- Deep fry until golden brown on all sides. Pat dry.
- Arrange the sandwiches on a serving tray. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve with jam, if desired. Enjoy!