This recipe contains 5 mg of THC per mini fruit tart. You can adjust the amount of THC powder if you desire. Do not use or consume this recipe if you’re under 21 years of age.
This mini fruit tart recipe has it all: a delicious shortbread crust, a creamy filling, fresh fruit… and THC! Infusing these fruit tarts with THC couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is to add some Bakao THC powder to the filling.
Ingredients for the Mini Tart Crust
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and sliced
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
Ingredients for the Cream Filling
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 (10 mg) packets Bakao THC powder
Ingredients for the Fruit Topping
- 1/2 cup fresh grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh kiwi slices
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
Directions for the Crust
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the butter to the food processor. Pulse several times until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the egg yolk and heavy cream. Pulse until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Allow the machine to run a few seconds until the dough starts to stick together. If the dough seems too dry, add a little bit more heavy cream.
- Roll the dough like refrigerated cookie dough. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Grease the molds. If using silicone molds, greasing isn’t necessary.
- Slice the roll of dough into 12 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a circle that’s slightly larger than the tart molds.
- Press each flattened piece into a mold.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes or until completely frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the frozen tart shells from the molds and then place them on a cookie sheet.
- Cut aluminum foil into 12 small squares. Place each piece of foil into a frozen frozen tart shell and then mold it to the shape of the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and then keep baking until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
Directions for the Cream Filling
- In a blender or food processor, blend together the milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 6-7 minutes. Whisk until smooth after 3 minutes, then every minute thereafter. If the mixture is still not thick after 7 minutes, keep microwaving and whisking.
- Whisk in the butter, vanilla, and Bakao THC powder until smooth.
- If you’re not ready to assemble the fruit tarts, cover the top of the warm custard with plastic wrap and smooth it to touch the surface. This prevents a skin from forming on top of the cream. Otherwise, start assembling the fruit tarts.
Assembling the Mini Fruit Tarts
- Fill each baked tart shell with the cream filling. Top with the fruit.
- Melt the currant jelly. With a brush, dab some shininess on each piece of fruit. It’s OK if some drips onto the cream.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!